Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
A State ID is a form of identification issued by the State of Illinois. International students may apply for the ID if they have a Social Security Number.
How to Apply for State ID?
You can apply for the ID at the nearest DMV office with the required documents below. Please see this to find the nearest DMV office from your place. Please make sure the office of your choice provides the service you need. You can see the services available when you click any office in the link.
- Passport & Visa
- Most recent I-20
- Social Security Number Card
- 2 Proofs of Illinois residency such as: *(see the acceptable identification documents)
- Bank Statement (dated within 90 days of application)
- Lease agreement with address listed, your name and signature of the landlord
- Utility Bill (electric, water, cell phone, etc., issued within 90 days of application)
- Renter’s insurance policy