Sources that identify, locate, and synthesize primary AND secondary sources.
- Reference works, collections of lists of primary and secondary sources, finding tools for sources.
- Identify and locate primary and secondary sources.
- These include bibliographies, indexes, abstracts, encyclopedias, and other reference resources; available in multiple formats, i.e. some are online, others only in print.
- Note: Be Aware that these categories, i.e. secondary and tertiary, are not mutually exclusive. A single item may be primary or secondary (or even tertiary) depending on your research topic and the use you make of that item.
- Fact books
- Other reference resources; available in multiple formats, i.e. some are online, others only in print.