What is the purpose?
- Informing the reader: What is being informed?
- Entertaining the reader: Is this meant for entertainment purposes?
- Sharing information with the reader: What does the author share with the reader?
- Advertising/selling: Is the author trying to sell a product, service or similar concept?
- Advocacy: Is the author trying to influence views, beliefs, elections, pros/cons and more?
- Recruitment: Is the author trying to encourage membership?
- Current news & information: Is the reader providing updates such as sports, events, tv, news, etc.?
- Questions such as these address the purpose of the page. The reader evaluates the author's purpose of the source?
- These are some examples of types of purposes authors present in articles.
Who is the Author?
- Is the author a government agency?
- Is the author a higher education institution?
- Is the author a business?
- Is the author an association?
- Is the author a news source?
- Is the author an individual?
- Is the author anonymous?
What is the background of the author?
- Is there information on the author's background and can it be verified?
- Is the author qualified to speak on the subject being written?
- Questions such as these addresses if the content is correct or biased?