- When was the page created and updated?
- Are there dead links on the site?
- Is the information relevant to your topic?
- Does the website or page answer all or just some of your questions?
- Are there gaps to fill? Is the scope of the site too broad or too narrow?
- Who is the author or creator of the site?
- Is the author's background listed to verify expertise on content?
- Can you verify author credentials elsewhere (example: Colleges, business, etc.)?
- Are there ads on the site and what is the purpose of the Ad?
- Is the author an authority on the subject of the content?
- What is the domain name (.gov, .org, .edu., .com, .net etc.)?.
- Do other sources support the content of the website?
- Does the website provide citations or references to other sources like studies, links, etc.?
- Are there spelling, punctuation or grammar errors?
- Is the web site or page trying to sell or persuade?
- Is it false information, opinions, biased or fact?
- Who is the target audience?
- Is the language professional terminology, easy to understand, slang, etc?