Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
CRAAP evaluation criteria
- When was the page created and updated?
- Are there dead links on the site?
- Is the information relevant to your topic?
- Does the website or page answer all or just some of your questions?
- Are there gaps to fill? Is the scope of the site too broad or too narrow?
- Who is the author or creator of the site?
- Is the author's background listed to verify expertise on content?
- Can you verify author credentials elsewhere (example: Colleges, business, etc.)?
- Are there ads on the site and what is the purpose of the Ad?
- Is the author an authority on the subject of the content?
- What is the domain name (.gov, .org, .edu., .com, .net etc.)?.
- Do other sources support the content of the website?
- Does the website provide citations or references to other sources like studies, links, etc.?
- Are there spelling, punctuation or grammar errors?
- Is the web site or page trying to sell or persuade?
- Is it false information, opinions, biased or fact?
- Who is the target audience?
- Is the language professional terminology, easy to understand, slang, etc?