Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.


Obtaining F-1 Visa

Once you received an initial I-20 from Midwestern Career College (MCC), you must obtain an F-1 visa to enter the U.S. and start your program.

Obtaining F-1 visa

1. Pay SEVIS (I-901) Fee

You must pay your SEVIS (I-901) fee before your visa interview. The fee can be paid online at Remember to print the receipt to present at your interview.

2. Schedule a visa interview

Schedule an appointment for a visa interview with an embassy or consulate in your country. You can find an embassy in your country through this embassy locater. Please see the guides below to prepare yourself for the interview.

*Please update your counselor on the result of the interview.